“Great content is the best sales tool in the world.” The relevance & significance of this fact has tremendously evolved the field of branding & marketing over the years. This evolution has given birth to an all-new meadow of marketing – CONTENT MARKETING.
Content marketing is nothing but a strategic marketing approach that aims at creation & sharing of online deliverables like videos, blogs, social media posts etc. However, content marketing differs from brand marketing on the note that it does not involve any explicit brand promotions & product selling. It may aim to stimulate & generate interest of the audience towards a particular brand, product or service, but never directly includes a promotional activity.
Content marketing is a legitimately audience-oriented and research-intensive task. As said by Michele Linn, “Content marketing is all about your audience, what do they care about!” To achieve a desirable response to your content marketing strategies, you must deliver authentic & catchy content, keeping the interests of your audience in mind.
Here are a few perks of investing resources & efforts in content marketing:
- Building Brand Reputation: As content marketing sub-consciously hooks your audience to your brand, intensifying brand reputation is a desired and obtained by-product of strategic content marketing.
- Improved On-site content: Content marketing is all about putting up a plethora of relevant & valuable content on the internet!
- Search Engine Visibility: Publishing trending & appropriate content would not only fetch you popularity among audiences but also improve your visibility on various search engines.
- Stronger Relationships with Customers (Readers): A smart content marketer is the one who knows that the recipients of his content are his potential customers, & takes suitable initiatives to build a good rapport with them.
- More Social Traffic & Followers: In the end, it’s all a game of the numbers! Getting a considerable amount of traffic on your website and engagement on your social media is both a sign and product of efficient content marketing skills!
Thus, content marketing is like shooting down ten targets with one arrow. However, if wrongly aimed, this arrow can hunt down your business resources & reputation.
Given below are a few basic tips that could make this supposedly weary task, a cakewalk for you!
- Plan & Strategize: Before getting started with content marketing, it is imperative to chalk out a plan, meticulously work on its analysis and to make sure that the implementation does not deviate from the forecasted plans. This makes sure that your resources are invested towards a certain niche and optimum profits are obtained thereof.
- Publish Evergreen Content: One of the most important considerations while choosing a topic to market through the internet is the shelf-life of the content. Make sure, your content is always of interest & relevance to the audience & never goes obsolete and reach lower search engine ranks.
- SEO & SMO go hand in hand with content marketing: While targeting the quality and relevance of the content, many enterprises fail to market it the right way. Always use SEO and SMO as tools to enhance your content marketing.
- Publish Relevant & Shareable Content: You aim to go trending and viral on the internet! Always look for topics that amuse your audience instead of making them scroll down through your page!
- Keep your competition in mind: The efficiency and profitability of content marketing have attracted plenty of entities and individuals. Always make sure of taking that little extra step that makes you outshine your competition!
Long story short, content marketing can be a swift drive or a rugged path depending on your skills and the extent of efforts that are incorporated by you. So, fasten the seatbelt, and make this drive a super-swift one by giving in cent-per cent focus, efforts & dedication.